Thursday, August 7, 2008

San Francisco Half Marathon, 03-Aug-08

This year season is good and I don't have any confidence to keep good pace like last year (last year pace 12:30min) as I put on more weight than last year. But after the long run in Crissy Field with Satyan, I started running 4+1 ( 4 min run and 1 min walk). It is pretty comfortable, so decided to do 4+1 for SF half marathon and Chicago Marathon.

I planned to collect the bib on Saturday, but Somnath went on Friday to SF, so he picked my bib too. Friday I did little run for 3 miles with Somnath and Durgi. I decided to drive instead of taking a shuttle to Marathon. Both of them also ready to join me.

It is Aug03-Sunday, the day started at 2:30. Woke up had a bagel and picked up Somnath and Durgesh. We reached SF by 4:30. Did a little warm up and started in wave 5.

From start we are doing 4+1 and completed mile 1 in 12mins. Somnath wanted to use restroom so he got separated at mile 1. After 5 miles run we reached Golden Gate. That day’s weather is awesome and we can see peak of GG bridge. We enjoyed running across GG. We saw Chakri on the Bridge and he took pictures of us. we fished 10 miles in 2:10 mins. We got some confidence that we can do under 3 hours. We kept running in same pace at mile 11, I was left behind because of the pace changes between me and Durgesh. I completed 13.1 miles in 2:47:20 i.e. at pace of 12:46.

All the way of the Marathon, asha folks cheered us, it was awesome support. Finally at the Asha tent had good fun.

No comments: